I love the sound of breaking glass. Especially when I’m lonely. l need the noises of destruction. When there’s nothing new. Oh nothing new, sound of breaking glass. -Nick Lowe
Public Service Announcement: Ok, here we go! News from Portland is not good. In, fact, it’s very bad. News from Portland says Greg Oden will miss the rest of the 2009-10 NBA season. News from Portland says the 7-footer suffered a fractured left knee patella knee injury. Yup, a broken knee cap. Terrorizing suckers on the seven seas. And if you’ve got beef, you’ll get capped in the knees. Oden got capped in the knee. Capped in the knee after trying to block a shot by Houston’s Aaron Brooks. After trying to block a shot by Houston’s Aaron Brooks, Oden fell and writhed in obvious pain, clutching the knee for several minutes. This is a sight that is becoming all too familiar. I want to like this guy, I really do. I’ve said time and time again I think he can win himself some championships. A bunch of championships. Honey bunches of championships. Rings on his fingers. Bells on his toes. All of it. Not like this he can’t.
- After winning Inidiana’s Mr. Basketball, Oden had surgery on his right wrist to repair a ligament injury. As a result, he sat on the bench during the beginning of the 2006-07 season with Ohio State.
- After being the number one overall pick in the draft, Oden had microfracture surgery on his ailing right knee. He missed the entire season.
- Two and a half minutes into his NBA debut Greg Oden suffered what the team called a sprain in his right foot.
- He bumped knees with Golden State’s Corey Maggette and was forced to sit out the Rookie Challenge.
- Last night, Oden injured his left knee in the first quarter and was taken off the court on a stretcher. He has been diagnosed with a fractured left patella and is likely out for the remainder of the season.
When he was in sixth grade, Oden required significant hip surgery that left his right leg a bit shorter than his left. I wonder. I wah wah wah wah wonder. I wonder if he, like Elijah Price, has something called Osteogenesis Imperfecta. A genetic disorder. Doesn’t make a particular protein very well. Makes bones very low in density… very easy to break. I wonder too, if he, like Elijah Price, sustained some fractures while in his mother’s uterus…Arms and his legs broken. I wonder if he, like Elijah Price, is indeed Mr. Glass.
Peace out homies. Six two and Even!