Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts. -Daniel Patrick Moynihan.
1. The Pittsburgh Steelers and quarterback Big Ben Roethlisberger have agreed to a new eight-year, $102 million contract. He deserves it. Big Ben has compiled a 39-16 career record as a starting quarterback. Pretty dern good if you ask me. Only two other quarterbacks have won as many starts in their first four NFL seasons. Only two. Two for tea. Just me for you and you for me. Just Dan Marino and Otto Graham. Pretty dern good,
2. Happy Wilt day LeBron. As of today, King James is exactly the same age, 23 years, 64 days, as the Stilt was for his NBA debut on October 29, 1959. On that day, Wilt scored 43 points with 28 rebounds for the Philadelphia Warriors. No other player in the league’s history had even 40 points or 25 rebounds in his NBA debut. Not LeBron. Not Kobe. Not MJ. Not nobody. The big question is, will anybody else reach 20,000 women?
3. The Knickerbockers clinched it. The Knicks just clinched their seventh straight losing season. The Knicks just clinched their second-longest losing streak in franchise history. Marbury should be happy. He’s not allowed to watch. I wish I wasn’t allowed to watch. I am. I keep watching. I just can’t help but watch the freak show. The biggest embarrassment in sports.
4. I know Chris Paul has been tearing it up. Scaring it up. Sharing it up. But how ’bout Deron Williams? How ’bout him? Deron Williams had his second 20-assist game of the season last night. Canadian Idol, Steve Nash had two 20-assist games last season. Before that, no player had done it twice in a season since Avery Johnson done did it in 1997-98. Yowza! Williams also had a 21-assist game last season. Since Williams entered the league, the only player with more 20-assist games is Mr. Nash himself. Pretty dern good.
5. This just in. Alexander Ovechkin is good. Real good. Ovechkin is one of only five players in NHL history to score at least 50 goals in two of his first three seasons. Mike Bossy and Wayne Gretzky both scored 50 or more goals in each of their first three seasons. Joe Nieuwendyk and Pavel Bure also did it in two of their first three seasons. But bdee, bdee, bdee, that’s not all folks. Ovechkin is just the third Russian to reach 50 goals at least twice in his career. Bure did it five times and Alexander Mogilny did it twice. But bdee, bdee, bdee, that’s not all folks. El Ocho reached the 50-goal mark in the Caps‘ 67th game. The fastest any NHL player has made it to that milestone since the 1995-96 season. The fastest since Jaromir Jagr, Super Mario and Mogilny. Bdee, bdee, bdee, that’s all folks.
6. Done deal in Boston. Randy Moss signs. One word. Redemption.
7. Done deal in Boston. Sam I Am signs. One word. Redemption.
8. Boom Goes The Dynamite!
9. Yao has successful surgery on his foot. One great step for China. One small step for the Rockets.
10. Yankees still suck!
Peace out homies. Six two and Even!
Need More? Random Notes