If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. The free mind is not a barking dog, to be tethered on a ten-foot chain. -Adlai Stevenson
1. Sidney Crosby. Sid the Kid. The Next One. Wins the NHL MVP. A travesty. It’s a travesty of a mockery of a sham of a mockery of a travesty of two mockeries of a sham. Martin Brodeur should have won that award. Hands down.
2. Let’s go Mets! A coupla times a year I’m a Mets fan. This is one of them. Don’t worry Red Sox Nation, the lead will be back to double figures by Monday. Today marks the 30th anniversary of the Tom Seaver trade away from New York. Tom Terrific. He certainly was. That trade just took the heart right out of Mr. Met. I said come on, come on, come on, come on and take it. Take another little piece of my heart now, baby. Break another little bit of my heart now, darling, yeah. Hey! Have another little piece of my heart now, baby, yeah. You know you got it if it makes you feel good. Didn’t make Mets fans feel good. Just about how I felt when Freddy Lynn went west. So sad.
3. I was a witness. Spurs sweep Cleveland. Ho hum. I think more people cared about the Ducks. On the road to glory! Ain’t no turning back! It’s got to be The Mighty Ducks! On a quack attack! Shame too. The Spurs should go down as one of the five best teams of all time. Russell Celtics. Jordan Bulls. Bird Celtics. Kareem Lakers. That’s right, the Kareem Lakers. Remember, after the Big Fella retired, they never won a damn thing.
4. Dodgers fire hitting coach Eddie Murray. Eddie was one of the best hitters I’ve ever seen. Steady Eddie. Switch hitter extraordinaire. Eddie! Eddie! Eddie! Bill the Killer Mueller took his place. I’ll never forget Killer’s walk-off bomb against the Yankees. The game had everything. Seesaw battle. Bench-clearing brawl. The A-Broad/Varitek thing. It looked all but over for my beloved Sox. Then it happened. That’s when I saw her, ooh, I saw her. She walked in through the out door, out door. Bottom of the ninth. Big Mo on the mound. Mueller smashes a 3-1 pitch into the Red Sox bullpen in right-center. Ballgame baby, ballgame! I was in a bar down the Jersey Shore amidst a throng of Yankees fans. Good times. Good times.
5. Suzyn Waldman has to be the worst radio announcer of all time. I can put up with Sterling’s: an A-Bomb from A-Rod, but Waldman is just que horrible. What were Consey and Boggsy thinking. My God!
6. My boy Homer Bailey got shelled. Doh! The Angels rallied past the Reds with a six-run seventh to go seventeen games over .500. The best start in franchise history. It doesn’t matter if we never meet again. What we have said will always remain. If we get through for two minutes only, it will be a start! I know the Mariners are surging, but no way do they catch this juggernaut. No how, no way. Vlad the Impaler just impaling everybody.
7. Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum for Jermaine O’Neal and Troy Murphy. Lakers say no. Stupid. Bad move by the Lakers. If the Lakers make this deal and still somehow swing a Jason Kidd move…fuhgettaboutit. They will be a force to be reckoned with. I said give me two pair. ‘Cause I need two pair. So I can get to stompin’ in my air force ones. Big boys stompin’ in my air force ones.
Peace out homies. Six Two and Even!
Need More? Andrew Bynum,Baltimore Orioles,Bill Mueller,Boston Red Sox,Cincinnati Reds,Eddie Murray,Homer Bailey,Jason Kidd,Jermaine O'Neal,Lamar Odom,Los Angeles Dodgers,Los Angeles Lakers,Martin Brodeur,MLB,NBA,New Jersey Devils,New York Mets,NHL,Petr Sykora,Pittsburgh Penguins,Radio,Random Notes,San Antonio Spurs,Sports Media,Suzyn Waldman