You gotta roll, roll, roll. You gotta thrill my soul, alright. Roll, roll, roll, roll-a, thrill my soul. Let it roll, all night long. -Doors
Public Service Announcement: OK, here we go! The Boston Red Sox. I made a bet with my boy Nostradomus. Bet, bet bet…BEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTT! Fred Flintstone style. I had Tiger, he had the field. I lost. Now I have to write a post praising the Yankees. Egads man. Not today though. I gotta sha-la-la-la-la-la, live for today though. And don’t worry ’bout tomorrow, hey, hey, hey though. ‘Cause the Sox are rolling today. Rollin’, rollin’, rollin’. Though the streams are swollen. Keep them Bosox rollin’. Red Sox! How ’bout them Red Sox?
Three in a row. Three, it’s the magic number. Five of their last six. Playing knick knack on some sticks. Seven of their last ten. Do it again. These old Sox are rolling home.
- How ’bout Josh Boom Boom Beckett? Another win yesterday. Three and oh after yesterday. 1.50 ERA and 18 Ks after yesterday. Yowza!
- Schilling’s back. Back on track. Back on track, leading the pack. I met him at the candy store. He turned around and smiled at me. You get the picture? Yes, we see. That’s when I fell for the leader of the pack.
- Matzuka, Matsuzaka Matsuzaka. The new king of ole Fenway Pahka. I think it’s fair to say he’s for real. The real deal. Hard as steel.
- Tim Wakefield is pitching better than I’ve seen in a while. Better than he’s ever been in a while. An inning machine in a while.
- With Wakefield pitching better than I’ve seen in a while and Jon Lester tearing it up for the Greenville Drive, the Sox may soon have the best staff in baseball.
Woo doggie! This is getting good. Better than I thought it would. Better than you thought it should.
- And what about Papi? The man you just can’t stoppie. On the world, he is atoppie. On top of the world looking down on creation. Just on a tear. Two bombs and eight ribbies in the last two days. He’s on fire. Up in here, it’s burning hot. He’s on fire. Shorty, take it off, if it get to hot, up in this spot. He’s on fire. He’s not the only one. Not the only one getting it done. Having some fun.
- Julio Lugo’s having some fun. Having some fun with the glove. Oh, sweet darling, you get the best of my glove. The best of his glove darting out to center to make a grab that saved a run. The best of his glove down on his knees saying please, please.
- JD Drew’s having some fun. Having some fun on the run with a burger and a bun and a dish of applesauce on the siiiiiide.
- And just wait ’till Manny starts being Manny again. You know he will. You know he’ll thrill. This cat hits in bunches. The ball he crunches. Throwing knockout punches.
The Sox can throw some knockout punches in these next couple of series. The Jays right now and the Yankees this week-end. Yup, sippin’ on coke and rum. I’m like so what im drunk. It’s the freakin’ weekend baby, I’m about to have me some fun. Have me some fun with this decimated Yankee pitching staff. Marco. Polo. Hahaha! Roll Red Sox, Roll!
Public Acknowledgements: Deadspin, Doors, Boston Globe, Boston Herald, Yahoo Sports, The Flintstones, The Grass Roots, Rawhide, Schoolhouse Rock, Shangri-las, Carpenters, Jed Clampett, Lloyd Banks, Eagles and R. Kelly
Peace out homies. Six Two and Even!